Skin Cancer Check
Updated: Dec 31, 2020
Australia has the highest incidence of skin cancer in the wold. In fact, 1 in 3 Australians willl develop skin cancer in their lifetime. People of all colours and races can get skin cancer. There are many different types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), and melanoma.
BCC and SCC are the most common forms of skin cancer, but melanoma is the most deadly. With early detection and proper treatment, the cure rate for BCC and SCC is about 95 percent. When melanoma is detected before it spreads, it has a high cure rate. Regular self-skin exams and a yearly examination by a skin cancer specialist could help people find ski cancers at very early stages.
At our clinic, we use special tools to check skin throughly, beyond what the naked eye can see. It is important to get a professional skin check by a qualified healthcare professionals.
Question and Answers
Do I need a referral from a doctor for my skin cancer screening?
- No, a referral is not required. You can simply call us or book online.
How long does my skin check take?
- The average consultation takes about 15-20mins for a full body skin cancer screening, but this may vary based on each cases.
What will happen if any suspicious lesions are found?
- Our medical specialists will refer you to the relevant care/treatment/plan during your consultation.
What is involved during the full body skin cancer screening?
- Your specialist will start with a check list and run through the consent form with you. This will help our specialists to determine if you are more predisposed to skin cancer. Then you will be asked to follow the specialists instruction to lay on the bed and they will start to perform the check from head to toe. Once the screening is completed, if no lesions are found, your will be advised when is the best time to return for the next check up. If there are lesions look suspicious, you will be informed and the treatment plan will be discussed.
How much will cost me for the full body skin cancer check?
- It will cost you $90 for the full body skin cancer check.
Why chose us?
- Because we are efficient and affordable with no waiting period.